Geothermal Modeling and Analysis Ideally Suited for Hydrogeology
SVHEAT™WR is designed for the calculation of conductive and convective heat movement in saturated or unsaturated soils. The software implements the ability to handle water-vapor geothermal multi-phase flow and phase change with boiling and condensing. Advanced boundary conditions allow the accommodation of the injection or withdrawal of heat and fluids. SVHEAT™WR allows you to analyze steady-state or transient thermal conduction and convection models. Convection flow models may be created by coupling with SVFLUX™WR.
Click here for additional learning resources.
The following list is a collection of the most common applications for SVHEAT™WR.
- Model geothermal reservoirs: locating re-injection wells, production forecasting, volume calculation, heat resource estimation
- Simulate non-isothermal, multi-phase flow of water and vapor in porous media
- Simulate heat conduction and convection in porous media
- Model high-temperature and high-pressure geothermal systems
- Model borehole heat exchangers
Time-tested and Industry Proven
The FEHM solver was utilized on the famous Yucca Mountain nuclear storage project to model the regional groundwater flow to ascertain the ability of the site to accept nuclear waste.
The numerical background of the FEHM computer code can be traced to the early 1970s when it was used to simulate geothermal and hot dry rock reservoirs. The primary use over a number of years was to assist in the understanding of flow fields and mass transport in the saturated and unsaturated zones below the potential Yucca Mountain repository. Today FEHM is used to simulate groundwater and contaminant flow and transport in deep and shallow, fractured and un-fractured porous media throughout the US DOE complex. FEHM has proved to be a valuable asset on a variety of projects of national interest including Environmental Remediation of the Nevada Test Site, the LANL Groundwater Protection Program, geologic CO2 sequestration, Enhanced Geothermal Energy (EGS) programs, Oil and Gas production, Nuclear Waste Isolation, and Arctic Permafrost...READ MORE.
SVOFFICE™5 User Manual
The investment in geotechnical / hydrogeological software is an important decision for most consulting firms. Software must perform well and yield results in a limited timeframe such that reports can be completed on time and under budget. We recognize this at SoilVision Systems Ltd. and and have worked hard over the past number of years to provide software which is both easy to use and technologically advanced. We believe that our current SVOFFICE™5 software products are the best currently available for geotechnical and hydrogeological applications. Listed below are a few of the reasons why your firm would benefit from our software from the perspective of a manager.
3D Modeling Solutions
- Modeling of systems which are not adequately represented by a simplified 2D cross section may be accomplished in full 3D. Examples include regional flow, levee analysis, and planar geometry.
Advanced Slope Stability Analysis
- With the highly advanced
SVSLOPE® slope stability analysis package, your company will have access to the most comprehensive array of deterministic and probabilistic methods of limit equilibrium and stress-based analysis methods.
Advanced Model Coupling
- Coupling of the air/water/thermal phases allows more comprehensive analysis of i) cover designs and, ii) waste rock flow, and iii) various other applications.
- Coupled density-dependant flow allows handling of salt-water/ fresh water potash mine tailings scenarios and tidal inflow scenarios.
3D Conceptual Geometry Modeling and Visualization and 2D Slicing with SVDESIGNER™
SVDESIGNER™ allows for rapid three-dimensional geotechnical prototyping of designs.
- 2D slices can be quickly and easily extracted from your geotechnical designs and brought into
SVFLUX™WR for analysis.
Automatic Mesh Generation and Refinement
Automatic mesh generation and refinement greatly enhances model stability, accuracy, and convergence.
Spatially Varying Material Properties
- Material properties may now be set to vary spatially in any particular region of the model domain. This is available in our
- Products support highly integrated and coupled solutions. i.e. Rainfall on an unsaturated slope potentially causing instability.
Comprehensive Probabilistic Analysis
- Monte Carlo, APEM, Latin Hypercube and other types of probabilistic analysis may be carried out in our
SVSLOPE® package. Monte Carlo analysis for steady state models can be carried out in our
Extensive Soil Database
SVSOILS™ (formerly SOILVISION®) Database of unsaturated hydraulic properties includes laboratory data on over 6500 soils and 24 theoretical methods of estimating unsaturated hydraulic properties.
World Class Support
- Highly dedicated team with tracking and fast response to all raised issues - typically within 24 - 48 hours.